Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This past few days I've been wondering why I've been unhappy lately..
why I've been having weird moods.
I only discovered the reason yesterday night.
I realised this situation's been eating me up inside.
It's been sub-conciously bothering me without me even knowing it.
I'm losing faith in friendships :(

My best friend.
It's been almost a week already.
I don't know why you blew me off without a reason.
You didn't even bother to apologise or acknowledge me.
I've come to realise that perhaps, I don't mean that much to you anymore.
Perhaps, you don't need me anymore.
Maybe all along, it was me that needed you..
And you never needed me at all?

Now I know what they really mean when they say "A friend in need, is a friend indeed."

I've come to realise that I've been taken for granted.
You were always on top of my list for everything.
The first for everything. Why?
Because you had my highest regard.
Because you were my best friend.

I never intended you to regard me as a best friend.
I don't even know if you ever did.
But I never thought that you'd treat me like this;
that I would only mean this much to you.
I guess you don't need me anymore.

I had so much faith in our friendship.
I believed we would last long.
But I stand corrected, once again, just like the friendship I had with my very first best friend.

I should know better. People change.
I've never been a fan of change.
Because I go through all my life seeing the people around me change.
Maybe it happens too much in my life.

Whenever I say forever or infinity,
I really mean it.
I won't say it if I don't see the possibility of it being true.

Now, there's nothing left to say.
Till this day, I still think you don't know your mistake.
Just like the last time.

I saw all this coming since the day you blew me off.
Perhaps life's getting predictable for me..
or maybe it's because I know you well.
I was really hoping my cynicism wouldn't get the better of me;
that all these predictions I had in my head were just my imagination.
But ironically, I was right.
And this is a situation where I hate being right.

It's a waste to see our friendship disappear just like that.
I rarely find somebody who gets me, somebody who knows me so well.
Somebody whom I have a natural connection with.
Somebody whom I can confide in.
Somebody whom I can open up my heart to.
Somebody whom I can tell just about everything.
I felt our friendship was one of the bestest one I've ever had;
a friendship that would only come by once in a lifetime.
You were somebody I trusted with all my heart.
Somebody I had so much faith in.

I spent almost my whole june holidays with you last year.
This year? Not even a single day.

I thank you for always being there the last time.
Now, it looks like our friendship ends here.
You got your own life & I've got mine.
Thanks, for once being the bestest friend I've ever had.

No more umbrella. :(
Here for infinity.

Now, all I want is my smile back.

No comments: